A couple of my peers and I (who I'm proud to say are now my brothers) joined this organization in early 2009. Since then, I've learned how to bond and cope with these young men as we transitioned from boys to men. With the help of our chapter leaders, we've developed strong relationships with each other. These Chapters leaders are our role models; they teach us how to be a man, a brother, and a leader. These Chapter leaders also help us develop as a person by helping us mature and even letting us know that its ok to say I love you to each other. Even though we may have our differences, nothing can break our bond. I'm also proud to be a part of this organization and I'm also thankful for the guidance and inspiration Brotherhood has given us.
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Brotherhood (PB)
A group of brothers is how I refer to these males that started brotherhood with me. Brotherhood is an organization that focuses on young men. With these young men, they try to incorporate the natural skills needed in life to survive in the real world. Being a young African-American male makes me a target to those eyes who belittled me without even getting a chance to get know me. Therefore, I need this guidance in order to change the stigma that people put on African-American young men. Brotherhood defines the true meaning in what it is to become a boy to man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know a number of gentlemen in Brotherhood have written about the organization. One thing no one has said yet is how you got involved? Did they come to your school? Did your family sign you up? How does it work?
ReplyDelete