Passion Blog
What are you passionate about? I am passionate about StreetSquash. Why? Because StreetSquash is like a family to me. StreetSquash is an academic enrichment program which helps students improve their grades and get the study that they need. Also, they help keep their members fit by playing squash which is a lovely sport. I joined this program in 7th grade with a couple other students from my school. StreetSquash helped me improve my grades, stay on track, and stay fit. This program provided me with a lot of opportunities such as College Prep trips, Tournaments with kids throughout the states, community service, ETC. Squash helped me stay fit throughout these 5 years also it helped me build a lot of confidence before a match, and also squash taught me how to keep my mound in a positive stated whether I'm winning or losing. In Squash you learn to gain a lot of sportsmanship because you are a self referee you can't be a cheater you have to play with integrity. StreetSquash is like a home to me because i can go there anytime to do my homework, discuss personal problems which stays confidential, and play squash to release stress. Also StreetSquash has a great academic support system that provides their students with laptops, tutors, and double study. In 9th grade StreetSquash has been preparing us for the college process. A college prep session is given once a week and every week which helps us get familiar and exposed to some college materials and terms. I am grateful for having StreetSquash for giving me these opportunities.
I coached in a program that was similar to StreetSquash called Row New York. I really enjoyed that experience, so I can understand how much more enjoyable it would be to be enrolled in the program. I've met Alana. She seems great. You need to take all of these skills to make sure you are making it to first period class on time! Is the public invited to matches? If so, let me know. I'd love to see the StreetSquash scholars in their element! I think a link to the program's website would have been a good addition to your post.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading your blog it made me want to join StreetSquash. It sounds like an awesome program !!
ReplyDelete